CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 16, 2008

MADE IT TO THE BIG 59 !!!


OK, so maybe 59 is not that big a deal, but it is a good excuse to post another picture of me in the blog. Saturday, (my birthday) we slept in to the unbelievable hour of 8:00, and then went in search of treasure at garage sales. Later we went to Charlie & Candi's for elk burgers. (Charlie is worried about running out of elk before hunting season, but he still has plenty of deer meat.) It was interesting to watch Liam and Adien singing "happy birthday to you" (over and over and over again) with their mouths full of chocolate cake. Ugh! Thanks for all the cards and presents, especially the 12 string guitar that Chris got for me.

6 comments:

Gini said...

Happy Birthday Grandpa!! Evan guessed that you were thirteen years old! I know you love him even more now! He was playing super heros the other day with Bennett and Will. They were all choosing their super powers, and Evan said " my super power is I can't die. I can live forever. I am so old, I am forty!" Oh to be that young again! Glad you had a great day, we are looking forward to seeing you in a couple days!

Christine and Ronnie Brown said...

I remember a few years ago when Bennett told me "Don't worry Grampa, I won't ever let you die." He said it with so much love that it still touches me. The problem is that I wasn't worried till he said something!

lydia moyer said...

happy birthday old man! what a great picture with grandpa!

Marianne said...

I'm checkin' your blog from Missouri! We sure miss hanging around with you guys! Glad to hear Chris is doing well. We're pullin' for you! And Ron, How did you get as old as me??? Happy Birthday from this very wet state!

Marianne said...

Sorry, I don't know how to change from "mom"...this is Marianne in Marshfield!

Aaron said...

little late, but happy birthday. Looks like it was a good one.