CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

How will we look in kilts?

Dunnotter Castle below Stonehaven
.
Rated the most unhealthy breakfast in Europe!

.

Anticipating Scotland!






Two weeks from today we'll be winging our way to Scotland! We're counting the hours and wish that we could take all of you with us! The first thing we're going to do, is visit Roslyn Chapel, from the DaVinci Code. ( It's on our way to the Borthwick Castle where we're staying for the first two nights. )


Scotland is rightfully proud of it's scenic beauty, but that's not why we chose to go there. I'd match the beauty in the mountains around Yellowstone Park against any in the world, and the fantastic seascapes and primordial forests of the Great Northwest are beyond my poor powers of description. No, we're going to experience a land and people that are unique in all the world. A land that is the home of ancestors for both of us, and above all else, it is the home of "Haggis"! Yes, we are traveling halfway around the world to taste real scottish haggis. So wish us "Boinne ann am beul na gaoithe" which is gaelic for something really cool I'm sure..., I just don't know what.


2 comments:

Mac and Kelly said...

I would love your help! You could either donate a particular item, or you could donate money to me and I could buy the items myself, or you could donate money towards shipping. Until I can get a non-profit status, I have to collect my money myself. Which is probably not a good thing, because probably not everyone will trust me that I am actually giving the money to the kids. But I am. My ward is doing a tree and everyone is picking an ornament which will have an item on the ornament. I have come up with a list of about 65 items that I need. I think that between collecting things from my ward, and others, I will be able to receive donations for everything I want to ship to the kids. I am a little worried, though, that I will get all of the donations I request, and no money donaitons for shipping. So, if you want to wait until towards the end of October, I may have a better idea as to what I still need. I am putting it all up on the blog. I think that once I have shown that I can manage a succesful project, I will have better luck at receiving a non-profit status. I hope to eventually have "mama" ship the children's clothing that she makes and sells in the markets in her village, and sell it here for much more than she sells it for, and then give all of the proceeds to her. Thanks for being willing to help. I am really hoping that I can get this started. Have fun on your trip!

Gini said...

You finally updated your blog!!! You guys have a great trip!