CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Dragon's Source is Finished!


It's done! After almost exactly 4 months of work, 94,000 words, 56 chapters, and 317 pages, my first book is finished.

I'm now shopping for agents and publishers, while I continue to edit and refine the manuscript, and this may be the hardest part. I hope not, but since I don't have any other frame of reference, I'll just have to dig in and get it done!

I've already started to outline the second book in the trilogy. The working title will be "Children of the Stones".

I'm also beginning the outline of an historical fiction book that is based on the Bennett family as they moved from the Carolinas, through the Cumberland Gap of the Great Smokey Mountains, and into western Tennessee. The story will add flesh to what our family already knows about their lives as pioneers and will climax with their experiences during the Civil War.

Now onward into publisher land!

2 comments:

lydia moyer said...

Cool! best of luck to you!
by the way the other night your family stories were the topic of our dinner time conversation. jason was telling stories about mostly you and liberty. one story had something to do with an orange, duck tape, and a fuse. the story ended with "and boys, don't you ever think of doing anything like that!!!!"

Unknown said...

I love the idea for the new book, Dad. It will be brilliant. Keep them coming! love Robyn