CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Still slugging through the mud of publisher land

The Standing Stones at Callenish on the Isle of Lewis
where DRAGON'S SOURCE climaxes.


The good news for my book DRAGON'S SOURCE, is that I've had positive responses to my 'query' letters from two really wonderful agencies. Each of them has requested additional chapters, and/or synopsis pages for consideration. They each receive 100 - 200 queries a day, and I'm not certain what percentage of those are asked for more pages, but I know it isn't very many. So at least I've made the first cut!

The bad news is that even if my book sells right away, it will probably be 8 -12 months before it hits the book stores. Once it sells, it still has to go through the editing process and then be assigned a place in the line to be printed, and all that takes time.

The good news is that I've started on book two of the series. So hopefully, by the time that book one is hitting the shelves, book two will be in the system as well.

0 comments: